Earthgro® Decorative Groundcover Bark
Overview & Benefits
- Naturally prevents weeds by restricting growth and blocking access to sunlight
- Helps conserve soil moisture and moderate soil temperature for hydrated plants
- Earthgro by Scotts® never uses construction debris or pallet wood that may contain nails or harmful chemicals.
- Very fine bark mulch instantly beautifies your landscape
- Organic matter supports the growth and health of nearby plants
Earthgro by Scotts® All Natural Mulch instantly beautifies landscapes. The debris and chemical-free, untreated wood product helps conserve soil moisture, moderate soil temperature and prevent weeds naturally. Available in 2CF bags.
How to Use
Spread 3 inches deep. Keep mulch several inches from tree trunks and house foundations or other wood structures
When to Apply
This product can be applied at any time of the day or year. Decorative mulching can be done at any time. Protective mulching, for weed suppression and moisture retention, is best done before the late spring growing season and the intense summer heat.
How Often to Apply
To maintain the attractive appearance of the bedding area, we recommend that small amounts of fresh mulch be applied yearly on top of the previous mulch. Note: The total amount of mulch on top of the soil should not exceed 6 inches.
Where to Use
Apply around trees, shrubs, flowers or vegetables after seeds have germinated and plants have developed
Where Not to Use
Avoid use: Before seeds have germinated, around underdeveloped plants and within several inches of house foundations or other wood surfaces
A 2 CF bag will cover the following: At a depth of 2 inches, 12 sq. ft of bedding area, At a depth of 3 inches, 8 sq. ft. of bedding, At a depth of 4 inches, 6 sq. ft. of bedding
Unused product can be kept for future use.